Chaucer Energy Limited (Chaucer) is raising $4.5m to $5.5m in capital
to establish a JORC over its Maullin Concessions in Chile, and to prepare
for gas production with first revenue in 2022/23.
Baker Young Corporate Advisory is Joint Lead Manager for the IPO on the ASX.
Chaucer Energy Limited (Chaucer) is an Australian company with world-leading In-Situ Gasification (ISG) expertise, operating across key coal assets in Chile. The company utilises ISG to provide gas and electricity to regions in urgent need of energy supply. With ISG recognised by the Chilean government within its National Energy Agenda, Chaucer’s model is “quick-to-power generation and quick-to-revenue”.
If you are interested in participating, please contact your Baker Young advisor.
Company and IPO background
Focus on Chile – with 18 million people, Chile has the highest per-capita GDP in South America.
• Electricity demand has doubled since 2000 and is set to more than double again by 2050.
• Chile is a modern, Pacific nation economy.
• Chile has the 8th highest electricity price for industry among International Energy Agency (IEA) nations.
• Firewood accounts for ~60% of domestic energy production! Cleaner energy is an urgent bio-health issue.
• The Chilean Government is supportive of projects that add domestic power generation and gas supply, including the Chaucer Energy Project chosen on the basis of known coal deposits, past drilling data, existing coal geology, and local energy needs.
• Exploration concessions have been granted for three project locations.
A fast-to-market strategy.
• Chilean Government has previous experience with ISG.
• No preliminary trial is planned – 3MW of power generation needs minimal approvals.
• Indicative costing for power development on granted concessions already undertaken.
• A small and staged power play is planned to minimise capital expenditure and risk and create early revenue.
• Creating revenue from power generation in 2022/23.
• High growth revenue opportunities through modular-MW expansion and then multiple sites operating.
• Post-listing regular and important milestones to grow the market cap objective.
|Date of Chaucer Prospectus:||9 October 2020|
|Opening Date of the Offer:||19 October 2020|
|Broker Firm Closing Date||30 October 2020|
|Closing Date of the Offer||11 November 2020|
|Allotment of New Shares||25 November 2020|
|Dispatch of holding statements||26 November 2020|
|Anticipated date of ASX listing||1 December 2020|
Dates are indicative only and subject to change. Applications can only be accepted on the Application form contained in the Company’s Prospectus lodged with ASIC on 9 October 2020.
BY is mandated by the Company to provide Corporate Advisory Services including Joint Lead Management for the purpose of raising funds for which it has received and will continue to receive fees for that service.
This document has been prepared for the general information of investors and not having regard to any particular person’s financial situation, objectives, or needs. Accordingly, in so far as any information may constitute advice (whether express or implied), it is general advice and no recipient should rely upon it without having obtained specific advice from their advisor at Baker Young Limited. Baker Young Limited makes no representation, gives no warranty, and does not accept any responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of any recommendation, information, or advice contained herein. To the extent permitted by law, Baker Young Limited will not be liable to the recipient or any other persons in contract, in tort or otherwise for any loss or damage (including indirect or consequential loss) as a result of the recipient, or any other person acting or refraining from acting in reliance on any recommendation, information or advice herein. Baker Young Limited or persons associated with it may have an interest in the securities or financial products mentioned in this document and may earn brokerage and other fees as a result of transactions in any such securities. Australian Financial Services Number 246735.